Design has been a passion in my life since the first day that I can remember thinking about how I might make a difference in the world. I started my first company featuring products I designed in 8th grade designing and selling apparel I designed to school friends. I got really hooked on design through my experience at the Rhode Island School of Design. I have now worked at three different product design firms thru internships that not only taught me about the practical applications of design but also honed what area of product design I was interested in. My university education came at the University of Edinburgh, School of Art, learning through design thinking and the creation of new and innovative products. My motivation for product design has origins in helping people in their everyday lives. My goal is to create products that positively affect the world.
Letters of Recommendation
Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing this letter to offer my warm recommendation for Jon Preston Kneen, following his collaboration with KaFe Rocks, between May and August of 2019. Working with the KaFe Rocks team, Jon Preston was given the regular tasks of building outreach connections, updating the WordPress run websites, and eventually using the skills learned in the UI design course to remake one of our homepages. During his time with KaFe Rocks, he attended regular calls with the team and delivered his workload in a timely and effective manner. In addition, and he showed passion in keeping up with our growing online business, with constant involvement and dedication. For this reason, I feel confident Jon Preston is capable of fulfilling similar roles in the future. I remain at your disposal for further information, should that be required.
Tim Tepass CEO, KaFe Rocks
In our workplace, JP was given the tasks of helping where he could, learning about the Amazon marketplace, and understanding the real process of creating and selling products that are respected and high quality. He worked diligently in the shipping room, learning about different types of orders and how a product is organized and sold with the cufflink’s standard. With our designer Adam Weber, he learned the Adobe suite and how to plan out and design our products and worked with our technical team to get the Amazon marketplace working and cohesive with our products.
He was a great employee, well dressed, and dedicated to working hard on the job in front of him. JP was extremely well liked by all Cufflinks Inc. employees.
Patty Bentley / Chief Revenue Officer
469-645-1285 / email@example.com
- Cad Designer ConMed October 2020 – 5 months. Denver
- Working on a nearly finished project, I helped refine the cad designs, drawings, and workflow at ConMed. Learning about working remotely, with a more experienced team of designers and engineers, I found I loved the company and enjoyed the work.
- Alex Nadein, team engineer and head of the projects I worked on, AlexNadein@conmed.com
- User Experience designer R.M.I. August 2020 – 3 months. Denver
- Working on an interesting new project, I helped design the homepage and the UI for the next step of Rocky Mountain Industrials. learning about working with a development team and managing remote working, our project was fun, engaging, and challenging to work on.
- Intern KaFe Rocks May 2019 – 5 months. Malta
- Working with a innovative and progressive team of outreach and social media connectors, I helped work on the websites their company manages, connect outreach writers and influencers, and create UX designs for their sites.
- Intern SweetBird & CO May 2018 – 5 months. Iowa
- Working hard to sell our sustainable products and learning the product world through the lens of trade shows, I learned lots from Hans and the SweetBird team.
- Intern Indoteak Flooring and Furniture Jun 2017 – 4 months. Greater San Diego Area
- Working with the company of hardworking and imaginative people has allowed me to understand another part of the industry that I am a part of, specifically sourcing products from overseas. Working here has allowed me to explore some designing with the ideas and work that come up.
- Intern Cufflinks, Inc. Apr 2016 – Sep 2016. 6 months. Dallas/Fort Worth Area
- Working alongside a fantastic team of designers and marketers, I helped create cuff links and men’s accessories. Working alongside a fantastic team of designers and marketers, I helped create cuff links and men’s accessories. Marketing was focused on learning the E-commerce side of the business which allowed the product to be sold more easily and with less hassle from the consumer.
- Product Designer Sboji.com Sep 2016 – Oct 2016. Colorado
- Getting to work on a straightforward project, I enjoyed my work with the sustainable sunglasses company. See that project here.
- caddie Colorado Golf Club Jun 2010 – Sep 2015. – 5 years 4 months. Colorado
- carrying bags and cleaning.
- AligneX Solidworks Training 2020 – 2020
- General Assembly Training 2020 – 2020
- The University of Edinburgh 2016 – 2020
- The University of Edinburgh Bachelor’s Degree Industrial and Product Design
- Activities and Societies: sailing club and design contest society. Also working with Augmented Bionics to create a cheaper option for disabled people who need prosthetic limbs.
- Learn UI Design UI design 2019 – 2019
- Activities and Societies: Online video training, a slack community to share and critique homework assignments, Sketch training, Adobe Xd training, and Figma training. Learn UI Design is a beautiful way to get the core skills needed for the work of user interface design.
- Authority hacker SEO training Search engine optimization 2018 – 2019
- Activities and Societies: Online videos, live examples, affiliate training, and WordPress training. Working through the videos gives a proper introduction and guide to how SEO works, and how to manage and make a website to use it.
- Colorado Academy high school diploma 2003 – 2015
- Lead America engineering and technology conference Engineering 2014 – 2014
- “At the Engineering & Technology Conference, you attend workshops and seminars that expose you to circuit design, sustainable technology, industrial design. Hear from educators on advances in scientific knowledge and understand the critical thinking that is essential to solving some of society’s most complex problems. Get a true sense of what it will be like to be a practicing engineer solving real-world challenges.”At the Engineering & Technology Conference, you attend workshops and seminars that expose you to circuit design, sustainable technology, industrial design. Hear from educators on advances in scientific knowledge and understand the critical thinking that is essential to solving some of society’s most complex problems. Get a true sense of what it will be like to be a practicing engineer solving real-world challenges.”
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Rhode Island School of Design summer study Industrial and Product DesignA 2014 – 2014 Activities and Societies: Tackling the cardboard chair challenge, designing a new kind of sailboat, and modeling a trade show booth I worked hard for a summer to explore the new possibilities of industrial design. This was the first real taste of my passion, product, and industrial design is where I flourish and can create things that allow me to affect the world in the way that I wish. a summer Pre-college course that allowed students to take a beginners course in one of the majors that the school offered, I chose Product design.
- sweeper/ cleaner Saddle Up! Jun 2013
- Children”Through SaddleUp! Foundation programs, we provide therapy for the mentally, emotionally, and physically challenged, including but not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADD/ADHD, Traumatic Paralysis, Muscular Dystrophy, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Fragile X Syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome and Multiple Sclerosis.” (9) 6 hours per week for 8 weeks (42 hours)”Through SaddleUp! Foundation programs, we provide therapy for the mentally, emotionally, and physically challenged, including but not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADD/ADHD, Traumatic Paralysis, Muscular Dystrophy, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Fragile X Syndrome, Prader-Willi Syndrome and Multiple Sclerosis.” (9) 6 hours per week for 8 weeks (42 hours)
- Set up and childcare with Rocky Mountain Parents as Teachers Jun 2010
- set up and childcare Rocky Mountain Parents as Teachers Jun 2011
- Children”RMPAT’s goals are to increase school readiness and success among children and to prevent child abuse, neglect and family breakdown due to a lack of support for families.””RMPAT’s goals are to increase school readiness and success among children and to prevent child abuse, neglect and family breakdown due to a lack of support for families.”
- Teacher and childcare First Tee of Denver July 2010
- “The First Tee of Denver introduces inner city and disadvantaged youth to practice and play opportunities in golf/tennis. We see a chance to use the unique challenges of the game to work with and through schools to assist in the academic development of the boys and girls in our program.” The Program was started by Tiger Woods. 20 hours